This is an amazing MCU that can talk directly to your PC’s USB port.
The 18F2550 has 16k of program memory and can crunch 12MIPs from an externally mounted 4Mhz crystal.
If you’re looking for simple to use ‘power in a chip’, this is it.
Implements full USB 2.0, and can be programmed in circuit. Wow!
- Full Speed USB 2.0 (12Mbit/s) interface
- 1K byte Dual Port RAM + 1K byte GP RAM
- Full Speed Transceiver
- 16 Endpoints (IN/OUT)
- Internal Pull Up resistors (D+/D-)
- 48 MHz performance (12 MIPS)
- Pin-to-pin compatible with PIC16C7X5